Thursday, March 31, 2011

Library under Construction!

My Library is currently undergoing a makeover!  Thanks to the Wonderful Ladybug's Teacher Files, if you have not checked out her blog you will thank me, she is absolutely amazing and has a ton of awesome resources.

I have been wanted to redo my library and debating on if I wanted to keep my library organized my genre or switch it to be leveled.  However when I came across the wonderful files already created from Ladybug's blog I figured it was a no brainer and I have been working on leveling all my books using scholastic Book wizard as well as AR bookfind to determine the reading levels.

It's definitely a work in progress, but I am so happy to have finally taken the plunge to do it!  Here are a few pictures of the books with the new labels on them as well as the library under construction ... We have a 1/2 day teacher prep day so hopefully I can get more done tomorrow and post some after pictures.  Hope this link might be helpful to anyone else looking to level their classroom library.

New baskets ready to be labeled and filled with books!

Labels courtesy of Ladybug's Teacher Files!!!

Books being labeled, its sure a process, but well worth it in the end ;-)

1 comment:

  1. oh, so cool to see the labels being used! I'm so happy you can use them in your library!! Thanks for the shout out, good luck with the rest of your organizing! :) :)

    Kristen
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

    ReplyDelete